-Hardy SD, Shinde A, Wang WH, Wendt MK*, Geahlen RL*. Regulation of EMT and metastasis by TGF-beta, P-bodies, and autophagy. Oncotarget 2017. ePub Oct 17th
- Bartolowits MD*, Brown W*, Ali R, Pedley Am, Chen Q, Harvey KE, Wendt MK, Davisson VJ. Selective inhibition of STAT3 Phosphorylation using a nuclear-Targeted kinase inhibitor. ACS Chem Bio 2017. ePub Sep 15th.
- Brown WS, Akhand SS, Wendt MK. FGFR signaling maintains a drug persistent cell population following epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Oncotarget
2016. ePub November 4
-Brown WS, Tan L, Smith AS, Gray NS, Wendt MK. Covalent targeting of FGFR inhibits metastatic breast cancer. Mol Can Therapeutics.
2016. ePub July 1
- Wendt MK †, Williams WK, Pascuzzi PE, Balanis NG, Schiemann BJ, Carlin CR, Schiemann WP. The antitumorigenic function of EGFR in metastatic breast cancer is regulated by expression of Mig6. Neoplasia. 2015 Jan; 17(1): 124-133.
- Wendt MK †, Taylor MA, Schiemann BJ, Sossey-Alaoui K, Schiemann WP. FGFR splice variants are stable markers of oncogenic TGF-beta signaling. Breast Cancer Research. 2014 Mar 16(2):R24
Rated as “Highly Accessed” by Breast Cancer Research
† indicates Wendt as corresponding author
- Balanis N, Wendt MK, Wang Z, Schiemann WP, Carlin CR.
Epithelial-mesenchymal transition promotes breast cancer progression
via a fibronectin-dependent Stat3 signaling pathway.
JBC. Jun 21;288(25):17954-67. Epub May 7 2013.
Cited as a “breaking advance” in Cancer Research July 15th 2013.
- Wendt MK, Schiemann WP. Longitudinal Bioluminescent Quantification of Three Dimensional Cell Growth. Bio-Protocol. Epub Dec 5 2013.
Recommended as the “featured protocol” by BioProtocol editors.
- Wendt MK, Schiemann BJ, Parvani JG, Lee YH, Kang Y, Schiemann WP.
TGF-beta stimulates Pyk2 as part of an EMT program that drives the outgrowth of metastatic breast cancer. Oncogene. 2013 Apr 18;32(16):2005-15. Epub 2012 June 18th.
Cited as the “Top Story” by Mammary cell news June 21st 2012.
-Balanis N, Yoshigi M, Wendt MK, Schiemann WP, Carlin CR.
beta3 Integrin signaling through EGF receptor regulates the balance between lamellipodial and filopodial protrusions by recruiting activated p190RhoGAP to plasma membrane. MBC. 2011 Nov;22(22):4288-301. Epub 2011 September 21.
-Wendt MK, Taylor MA, Schiemann BJ, Schiemann WP. Downregulation of E-cad is required to initiate the outgrowth of metastatic breast cancer. MBC. 2011 Jul; 22(14): 2423-35. Epub 2011 May 25.
Citied as “Must Read” by Faculty of 1000
-Wendt MK, Smith JA, Schiemann WP. Transforming Growth Factor-beta-Induced Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition Facilitates Oncogenic Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Signaling in Breast Cancer, Oncogene. 2010, Dec 9; 29(49): 6485-98. Epub 2010 Aug 30.
Cited by Mammary Cell news, September 2nd 2010
-Ali R, Wendt MK. The paradoxical function of EGFR during breast cancer progression. Signal Transduction and Targeted Therapy. 2017. Epub Jan 20.
-Brown WS, Wendt MK. Integrin-mediated resistance to epidermal growth factor receptor-targeted therapy: an inflammatory situation. Breast Cancer Research.
2014. Sept. 16(5):448.
-Wendt MK, Tian M, Schiemann WP. Deconstructing the mechanisms and consequences of TGF-b-induced EMT during cancer progression. CTR.
Epub 2011 June 21.
-Wendt MK, Balanis N*, Carlin CR, Schiemann WP. Stat3 and Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transitions in carcinomas. JAKSTAT, 2014 Jan;3(1)e28975.