-Abdullah A, Akhand SA, Paez JS, Brown W, Pan L, Libring S, Badamy M, Dykuizen E, Solorio L, Tao WA, Wendt MK. Epigenetic targeting of neuropilin-1 prevents bypass signaling in drug resistant breast cancer. Oncogene. Oct. 30th 2020.
- Saeed S Akhand, Zian Liu, Stephen Connor Purdy, Ammara Abdullah, Hang Lin, Gregory M. Cresswell, Timothy L. Ratliff and Michael K. Wendt. Pharmacological inhibition of FGFR modulates the metastatic immune microenvironment and promotes response to immune checkpoint blockade. Cancer Immunology Research, 2020 Oct 22nd. doi: 10.1158/2326-6066.CIR-20-0235
- Hao Chen, Sarah Libring, Kasi Viswanatharaju Ruddraraju, Jinmin Miao, Luis Solorio, Zhong-Yin Zhang & Michael K. Wendt. SHP2 is a multifunctional therapeutic target in drug resistant metastatic breast cancer. Oncogene, 2020 Oct 8th.
-Shinde A, Paez JS, Libring S, Hopkins K, Solorio L, Wendt MK. Transglutaminase-2 facilitates extracellular vesicle-mediated establishment of the metastatic niche. Oncogenesis, 2020; 9: 16.
-Shinde A, Hardy SD, Kim D, Salehin Akhand S, Jolly MK, Wang W, Anderson JC, Khodadadi RB, Brown WS, George JT , Liu S, Wan J, Levine H, Willey CD, Krusemark CJ, Geahlen RL, Wendt MK. Spleen tyrosine kinase-mediated autophagy is required for epithelial-mesenchymal plasticity and breast cancer metastasis. Cancer Research, 2019 Apr 15;79(8):1831-1843.
Featured as cover
Comment on article: Lulling the Cancer Cell into an Eternal Sleep. Cancer Research. 2019 Apr 15;79(8):1756-1757
-Ali R, Brown W, Purdy SC, Davisson VJ, Wendt MK. Biased signaling downstream of epidermal growth factor receptor regulates proliferative versus apoptotic response to ligand. Cell Death and Disease; 9: 976 (2018).
-Shinde A, Wilmanski T, Chen H, Teegarden D, Wendt MK. Pyruvate carboxylase supports the pulmonary tropism of metastatic breast cancer. Breast Cancer Research. 2018. 20:76.
-Aparna Shinde, Sarah Libring, Aktan Alpsoy, Ammara Abdullah, James A Schaber, Luis Solorio and Michael K. Wendt. Autocrine Fibronectin Inhibits Breast Cancer Metastasis. Molecular Cancer Research 2018 ePub June 22nd
-Hardy SD, Shinde A, Wang WH, Wendt MK*, Geahlen RL*. Regulation of EMT and metastasis by TGF-beta, P-bodies, and autophagy. Oncotarget 2017. ePub Oct 17th
- Bartolowits MD*, Brown W*, Ali R, Pedley Am, Chen Q, Harvey KE, Wendt MK, Davisson VJ. Selective inhibition of STAT3 Phosphorylation using a nuclear-Targeted kinase inhibitor. ACS Chem Bio 2017. ePub Sep 15th.
- Brown WS, Akhand SS, Wendt MK. FGFR signaling maintains a drug persistent cell population following epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Oncotarget
2016. ePub November 4
-Brown WS, Tan L, Smith AS, Gray NS, Wendt MK. Covalent targeting of FGFR inhibits metastatic breast cancer. Mol Can Therapeutics.
2016. ePub July 1
- Wendt MK †, Williams WK, Pascuzzi PE, Balanis NG, Schiemann BJ, Carlin CR, Schiemann WP. The antitumorigenic function of EGFR in metastatic breast cancer is regulated by expression of Mig6. Neoplasia. 2015 Jan; 17(1): 124-133.
- Wendt MK †, Taylor MA, Schiemann BJ, Sossey-Alaoui K, Schiemann WP. FGFR splice variants are stable markers of oncogenic TGF-beta signaling. Breast Cancer Research. 2014 Mar 16(2):R24
Rated as “Highly Accessed” by Breast Cancer Research
† indicates Wendt as corresponding author
University of Colorado, Cancer Biology Training Program
Pharmacological targeting of Metastatic Breast cancer.
-Ali R, Wendt MK. The paradoxical function of EGFR during breast cancer progression. Signal Transduction and Targeted Therapy. 2017. Epub Jan 20.
-Brown WS, Wendt MK. Integrin-mediated resistance to epidermal growth factor receptor-targeted therapy: an inflammatory situation. Breast Cancer Research.
2014. Sept. 16(5):448.
-Wendt MK, Tian M, Schiemann WP. Deconstructing the mechanisms and consequences of TGF-b-induced EMT during cancer progression. CTR.
Epub 2011 June 21.
-Wendt MK, Balanis N*, Carlin CR, Schiemann WP. Stat3 and Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transitions in carcinomas. JAKSTAT, 2014 Jan;3(1)e28975.